WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM

Trainee/Aviation Enthusiasts Please go to http://indianpilots.great-forum.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Selecting Airlines - AI or IA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bkisc

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Empty
PostSubject: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:35 am

Hello Everyone,

Facing a delima here, Which airline to join Air India or Indian Airlines ?

I know they're coming together but I think pilot ops would remain seperate as Internation and National and I'm not bothered about these things such as airplane to fly (hey! I'll fly any passenger jet company throws at me at just 240 hours TT that I got), wether I'm concered about family life (nah! not for another 5 years), pay (as long as it's decent and I can buy the latest computer game in the market and upgrade my computer to play it)

So what advise do the folks here would give to someone who pass the medicals for both these airline and awaiting that final decision on which paper to sign.

Thanks a Billion Billion,
Back to top Go down
captbala

captbala

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:57 pm

I suggest IA since as of now I think only IA has an union ICPA to uphold the interests of the pilots.

And their training , may be a bit long but is very good and methodical and thats what is required for one to be really professional about it.

I do not know whether they will make you sign an agreement that you will not join any union. In that case the first point becomes null and void but the second point still holds water quite strongly.
Back to top Go down
gauravprakash007

gauravprakash007

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 12:51 am

ok now this is going to be like a 'small kid and big talks' Embarassed
but just posting my views....
I think u'll be better off flying Air India because its an international route and as far as i know FDTL is less for a International carrier than a national carrier....u get more time to rest than national routes...
more over u'll get to fly the biggies like the 777-300ER , 747's family , A310 , and now the 787!
Back to top Go down
http://www.indianpilots.great-forum.com
captbala

captbala

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: wELL   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Quote :
I'm not bothered about these things such as airplane to fly (hey! I'll fly any passenger jet company throws at me

The answer was purely an response based on above statement by Bkaskar.Smile
Back to top Go down
haree

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:54 am

Quote :
I think u'll be better off flying Air India because its an international route and as far as i know FDTL is less for a International carrier than a national carrier....u get more time to rest than national routes...
more over u'll get to fly the biggies like the 777-300ER , 747's family , A310 , and now the 787!

I guess Gaurav is a little too much of a kid to look beyond the biggest aircrafts to fly Smile But you also need to consider the "Time away from home" factor while working for an international airline with layovers. And GP007.. FDTLs for an overseas flight is actually more than a national flight (esp with additional crew on board). You'll learn when you are preparing for Conversions a year from now anyways. OF course Capt Big B is the best person to comment on it.. and if a retired AI commander suggests you to look seriously into IC.. well there must be something more than a silly reason.

Haree
Back to top Go down
http://www.indianaviators.com
Tailwind

Tailwind

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 am

Does it really matter where you join now? It is a single entity and no matter which way you look at it you are applying to Air India (NACL)? Are the career progressions going to be different despite it being the one and the same entity?

The logical progression would be.....

ATR/CRJ (Alliance/AIX)
320/737
310/300 (If they are still around)
380 (if the media reports are to be believed)

And don't forget the cargo spinoff. That might become a parallel progression path.

Read somewhere the deal is shaky because IC guys are not happy with the impact of the takeover... sorry merger.

Right now there are 4 ways to join:
Alliance
AIX
IC
AI

How do you coordinate and streamline the recruitment criteria, process, the career paths, pay structure etc. between these 4 airlines.

If I had the option I would wait and see which side comes out smiling before making a decision. Again an option may be a moot point as it's one airline you are applying to as of Aug 1 2007 or whatever delayed deadline the MoCA sets for these guys. The current scenario is confusing and the merged entity will have it's teething problems. Hopefully the babu egos will give way to the greater good.

And will having separate flight ops be a good thing? One of the key benefits of the merger sighted is the rationalisation and pooling of resources to maximise cost savings. Having separate ops will be contrary to what their aim is. Apparently corp HQ will be in Bombay and ops will be run out of Delhi.

A smilie:

When my flying days are over

And from this life I pass.....

I hope they bury me upside down

So the DGCA can kiss my A**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selecting Airlines - AI or IA   Selecting Airlines - AI or IA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selecting Airlines - AI or IA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM :: GENERAL :: JOB RELATED-
Jump to: