WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM

Trainee/Aviation Enthusiasts Please go to http://indianpilots.great-forum.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FDTL increase

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tailwind

Tailwind

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-29

FDTL increase Empty
PostSubject: FDTL increase   FDTL increase Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm sure most of you have read the news about the FDTL's going up. Are pilots being included in this decision making process? Seems like the DGCA and FIA have got us cornered.

Views and opinions.
Back to top Go down
captbala

captbala

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-02

FDTL increase Empty
PostSubject: Very Valid   FDTL increase Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 pm

A very valid point is raised by Tailwind.

Despite being an ostensibly high paying job, An airline pilot's job has many hurdles and one Major thorn in the issue is FDTL...Flight Duty Time Limitations.

An employer would like to take the maximum work out of an employee. He may not really be concerned about the plight of the employee.

The Government in the intrerests of the Travelling public mainly will stipulate Duty Flight Time restrictions.

The employees , to safeguard their interests would be having their trade union to tackle these issues and take it up with The Labour Commission any disputes in this regard witrh the Airlines Management.

Labour commission acts as the mediatory in solving industrial disputes.

But, with this aviation boom, almost all the airlines have got the inductees signing up contracts with clear notation that they will not engage in any Union activities.

The airlines with their array of lawyewrs have got their interests fully covered.

A poor CPL is handed over a 10 page legal Contract document , heavily one sided leaning heavily in Management's favour.

The poor sod signs it, most of the time not even knowing the implications or the legalese jargon, while firmly fixing his eyes on the beautiful seductive picture of a sleek A320 or B737 or an Embraer on the wall.

At the moment cry as much as you may, the FDTL issues are being decided purely by the management(albeit a mangement Pilot) and the dgca alone.

One can only hope that good sense prevails and fingers are not burnt.

Travelling through the SAHARA, it is not good toi break the camel's back.
Back to top Go down
Tailwind

Tailwind

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-29

FDTL increase Empty
PostSubject: Woe is us   FDTL increase Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 9:06 am

You make excellent points. It's a startling revelation that no line operating crew have any say on how much time we are required to be on the job. The newspaper article paper I was referring to only mentioned managment and medical professionals only. Apart from an accounting issue this is also a medical problem and I have a feeling these 'medical professionals' are hired and paid by the airlines themselves.

I am relatively new to this industry but I am increasingly realising a feeling of having to fend for myself cos I have no organisation of any sort to use as an avenue for expressing my concerns about the state of affairs as far as our job condidtions are concerned. We are essentially left unprotected from any oppressive or unsafe scenarios that can develop in the course of our employment.

I always cite the recent BA flight cancelled due to crew fatigue. Can you imagine the repurcussions if this happened on an Indian airline (more so private) with an Indian captain? BA's pilot unions AND MANAGEMENT fully supported the P1's decision to delay the departure. What can we expect from our management or 'union' (which is non existent) if a similiar decision was made here?

THings to ponder for all prospective employees. THe grass truly IS greener on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FDTL increase Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDTL increase   FDTL increase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FDTL increase
Page 1 of 1