WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM

Trainee/Aviation Enthusiasts Please go to http://indianpilots.great-forum.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
V1VrV2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Empty
PostSubject: Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:10 am

Hi Everyone, nice to see CaptBala Sir and Haree and all you guys here. I was a regular member at indianpilots.com and ever since it shut down I have been searching for an alternate. In the process I also created a forum www.ippilots.com/forum with an effort to regroup indianpilots.com members.

Also tried signing up at indianpilots.forumotion.com but the request has to be verified by the admin, so 2 days and still waiting.

Anyways, back to aviation.

I was surprised to see this on the dgca website under 'eligibility' in the flying training section......"Should be between 17 years to 20 years of age as on Ist April.". This is mentioned here http://dgca.nic.in/licencing/fly-ind.htm at the bottom.

I know that each airline has it's own norms for age limit but since when did dgca start this.

Could someone please clarify whether this is true. An age limit for getting your cpl, becoming a pilot affraid. Please tell me this is not happening Mad
Back to top Go down
captbala

captbala

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: ;-)   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:19 am

wELCOME TO THIS FORUM...

Dont worry... It is not happening ;-)

That age limit is for applying for Government scholarships to join Flying clubs etc ...Nothing to do with any individual's endeavour to get his own CPL.
Back to top Go down
capt _bb

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:25 am

The age limit you mention is only for those who belong to SC/ST and wish to get the scholarships Very Happy
Back to top Go down
V1VrV2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:32 am

Oh! Thank God! Very Happy

The weird thing is that a recent half-hour program on ndtv 24/7 on pilot career also mentioned the age limit in the qualification. That's the reason I was worried. Rolling Eyes

Thank you for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
gauravprakash007

gauravprakash007

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:43 am

Quote :
I was surprised to see this on the dgca website under 'eligibility' in the flying training section.....
Me too!

Quote :
Also tried signing up at indianpilots.forumotion.com but the request has to be verified by the admin, so 2 days and still waiting.
Apologies..... Embarassed
Register again pls....with the same id...will try to get u in this time!
The thing is that I'm flooded with new user mails....like 20-25 mails per day for new user request!
So i literally go crazy at times!
And hence i forget a few guys!
Sorry again....
Back to top Go down
http://www.indianpilots.great-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website   Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age limit for pilots......as on dgca website
Page 1 of 1