WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM

Trainee/Aviation Enthusiasts Please go to http://indianpilots.great-forum.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
achopra

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Empty
PostSubject: Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL   Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:52 pm

hello everyone,
I am really thankful to the moderators or this forum. I have questions that I am totally clueless about.So a response will be really appreciated.

I have u.s citizenship,Indian origin OCI card,FAA CPL(part 61) & starting on ME. I have TT 300.2 hrs, PIC X/C 50.1 hrs, SOLO 25.2, SOLO X/C 17.0.
I did 250nm(one way straight line) & other X/C as per FAA part 61.

I intend to obtain indian cpl. When I look at the flow chart of dgca for conversion with 50 hrs solo x/c and 100 pic, it seems I cannot do the conversion with my current hrs.What should I do?

p.s : I know,FAA logging of PIC starts after ppl. I have 100 hrs PIC as per FAA,part 61(sole manipulator of controls). In India to log PIC u must be SOLO in the airplane(correct me if I am wrong..) I started my flying with SPL in U.S and not from India. In CA-9 form it mentions about DGCA approved flying institute,I do not know what to right there in my case.

Also, what is form-37(car,section7,seriesG,Part 1,issue 1,clause 4,sub-clause 4.1)

I am clueless on what i need to get verified on my logbook and what kind of flight training paperwork I would need to get from my CFI here in the U.S on order to obtain computer #

Thanks
Back to top Go down
prav_pillai

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: HI   Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:22 am

Hello Mr chopra
there a lot of things u r asking at the same time , so i wud suggest u clarify them one at a time , for ur first query , it wont be a problem untill n unless ur flying school is ready to give u certificates stating that u have done 100 hrs as PIC and 50 hrs CRoss country ( what ever dgca is asking for ) . so if u can get that done from ru school then u wont have a problem
Back to top Go down
prav_pillai

PostSubject: Re: Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL   Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:25 am

CA9 form is that the one for exams ? well in that case that particular form is for students who did their flying in india , Pls read on top of the form its clearly mentioned only for CPLG ,ATPLG , and it does not say CPLCG ( foreign license conversion) which will be ur case , so as a CPLCG applicant u dun have to vother abt filling that form
Back to top Go down
prav_pillai

PostSubject: Re: Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL   Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:26 am

and abt the rest i dun remember what CA37 form is , so if u can help me with what the form is asking for .......i can tell u what purpose it serves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL   Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clueless on conversion from FAA(part61) to Indian CPL
Page 1 of 1