WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.INDIANPILOTSFORUM.COM

Trainee/Aviation Enthusiasts Please go to http://indianpilots.great-forum.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian CPL Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sameer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Indian CPL Question Empty
PostSubject: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 1:23 pm

I am an indian holding a FAA CPL/ME/IR with 750 Hrs Total time and 500 Hrs on A320. I am currently flying for a dubai airline. I want to come back to india and join an indian airlines. I have heard the DGCA exams are tough and would take atleast 2 attempts to clear them. My question regarding the airlines in india is :

Will i be able to fly with out an indian CPL based on my expereince (Till i clear my DGCA exams) cause i dont wanna be sitting at home till i clear my exams..

Will appreciate any kind of help on this.
Back to top Go down
captbala

captbala

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 am

Airlines are in dire need of EXPERIENCED pilots...Your 5oo hrs in A320 will make you a very strong induction material for the airlines flying A320.

So far, Problem was your lack of Indian licence.

But the scenario is fast changing. You are Indian alright but are you expat Indian? Then there should not be any problems.

Air Deccan is hiring out right seat for expat FAA lic holders Maybe they can find a way to fit you in, even if you are not an expat, since you are already qualified.

Only the airlines know what kind of concessions thay have wangled out of the DGCA, to overcome the trained pilot shortage.dilemma.

I suggest you approach the airlines directly in this regard instead of wasting time asking around in the aviation forums.

Ofcourse, we will deeply appreciate your feedback after you receive hopefully a congenial reply from any the airlines, for other's benefit..
Back to top Go down
sameer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:54 am

Capt. Bala thank u so much for replying. I am an indian and have been in india since birth. I went to US a year and a half ago to do my CPL Training and a self sponsored A320 TR. After that i got a job in a dubai airlines and have been with them from past 7 months. So i have been out of india only for the last 17 months

Thanks again for ur valuable feedback. I will get in touch with the indian airlines and will surely post my expereince as and when i go through it.
Back to top Go down
cyrilroy21

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 am

Could you please tell which flying school you did your cpl?

I would also like to know which airline you are curently working for
Back to top Go down
haree

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 am

Quote :
Could you please tell which flying school you did your cpl?

I would also like to know which airline you are curently working for

someone is in a hurry to self sponsor a A320/330 TR and ride a Desert wagon here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.indianaviators.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian CPL Question   Indian CPL Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indian CPL Question
Page 1 of 1